The primary responsibilities of the Project Architect (PA) is to ensure the technical and design excellence of each project is properly delineated in the form of design and construction documents; and to elevate technical and design excellence in its built from with minimal supervision.
Serving as a leader and mentor, the PA must inspire, develop and refine the existing skills of studio personnel from the conceptual design phase through project completion, providing technical and design input, and monitoring the progress throughout the development of each project. This position will perform in conjunction with Project Managers, Studio Directors and Principals to maintain project quality, ensure profitable project performance and client satisfaction.
FOX Architects takes pride in providing a team based environment where everyone’s inputs are valued and celebrated. Our office is located in the heart of downtown DC, walking distance from either Foggy Bottom/GWU or Dupont Circle. Our team continues to provide exceptional designs and win awards within the architecture and interior design industry.
Learn more about FOX Architects by visiting www.fox-architects.com or like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FOXArchitectsLLC/.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strive to attain the firm’s goal relative to design, technical and management excellence.
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends and practices within the design and construction industries, and disseminates the information to the staff and management
- Assist in the process of development, documentation and dissemination of the firm Revit standards and reference details.
- In conjunction with the Project Principal and Project Manager, determine the project design review procedures to be conducted and ensure adherence to the by all team members
- Participates with the Design/Project team to establish planning and design concepts pertaining to a project and ensure adherence to these concepts throughout the architectural process from concept to construction.
- Evolve and refine the design for a project; communicating the design direction to the junior members of a project team
- Take primary responsibility for coordination of the design and documentation process with all of the consultants that make up the design team.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of and adherence to the man-hours budgeted for each task and meet deadlines as defined in the Critical Path Schedule for each project.
- Understand the General Conditions, Scope of Services, Team Structure and Fee stipulated in the contract for each project in which he / she is involved
- Organize, direct and lead a project Construction Documentation team
- Possess strong organizational and time management techniques
- Organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently
- Encourage personal and professional growth through mentoring
Education, Experience and Skills Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- Registered Architect licensed in the U.S.
- 7-12 years of progressive experience in Architecture with an emphasis on large scale corporate commercial office design
- Knowledge of construction methods and systems appropriate to the firm’s work
- Savvy in Revit, Adobe Creative Suites, and other rendering software
- Superior presentation skills in both written and verbal
- Knowledge of current laws, codes and titles in relation to construction
- Exemplifies exceptional interpersonal, leadership and team building
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design / technical intent or relationship with fellow team members
Candidate must submit their updated resume, cover letter and work portfolio (2MB max). Selected candidates will be contacted by the hiring team. Thank you for your interest!