FOX Architects is an award-winning design and architecture firm located in the DC metropolitan area. Our Architecture Studio seeks a PROJECT MANAGER (PM) who will provide project leadership, be responsible for project performance, development of staff, engaging with clients, management of proposals, coordinate project fee/budget analysis and fill any gaps in any stage of the project. This position will perform, in conjunction with project designers and principals, oversight of project quality to ensure profitable project performance and client satisfaction. The PM must be a team leader, inspire, develop, and refine existing skills of all studio personnel.
This role is based in downtown Washington DC, walking distance from either Foggy Bottom/GWU or Dupont Circle. We were voted "Best Place to Work" by The Washington Business Journal in 2016 and take great pride high level of engagement with our team.
Learn more about FOX Architects by visiting www.fox-architects.com or like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/FOXArchitectsLLC/.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, resources, and technical guidance for all design phases to the project team, ensuring successful completion of projects on a timely manner.
- Review drawings and construction documents to appropriately coordinate with other disciplines.
- Possess strong understanding of building codes among the local jurisdictions and Provides guidance in project application.
- Maintain current exposure to developments, trends, benchmarks, and practices within the design, construction, and architectural industries.
- Organize internal and external resources to meet deadlines without compromising the design/technical intent or relationship with clients, staff and consultants.
- Write proposals and develop fees in a collaborative manner with the marketing team.
- Nurture and develop professional working relationships with multiple project teams.
- Comprehend and execute the Scope of Service, General Conditions, team structure and provide internal coordination of staffing requirement to complete service contact.
- Take on the role as the day to day contact for clients, and act as a point of contact for communication and leadership.
- Take an active role in planning staff resource allocation with multiple project teams.
- Manage the monthly invoicing review for assigned projects.
- Mentor junior staff in an inspirational manner, display professional maturity, work ethic, and integrity.
- Conduct performance review and feedback to project team throughout the year.
- Display enthusiasm and passion in FOX culture and values within the studio.
- B.A. or M.A. in Architecture from an accredited design institution.
- Registered Architect 10-15 years of progressive experience in architecture with an emphasis on large scale corporate commercial projects.
- Proficiency in REVIT, Deltek Vision, Adobe Suites and Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience managing large scale corporate commercial projects.
- Exceptional presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Knowledge of current laws, codes and titles in relation to construction.
Please submit your resume and portfolio (max 2MB). The hiring team will contact selected candidates. Thank you for your interest in FOX Architects!