The SENIOR DESIGN ARCHITECT ensures the technical and design excellence of each project is properly delineated. This role focuses on the design aspects of the base building architectural process, refining schematic design and design development of the project. This talent will implement design and construction documents, while realizing this level of design excellence with minimal supervision. This position performs in conjunction with Project Managers, Studio Directors and Principals to maintain project quality, profitability, performance and client satisfaction.
This role is located at our downtown DC studio, walking distance from McPherson Square Metro (blue/orange/silver). Plenty of retail, restaurants and food trucks to select during lunch hours. Our studio provides a "flat" organization, where everybody's inputs are valued and welcomed. Learn more about FOX's culture at www.fox-architects.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strive to attain the firm’s goals relative to design excellence in base building.
- Possess knowledge of current development trends and practices within the design and construction industries.
- Assist the Project Manager with the design and documentation process and outside consultants.
- In conjunction with the Project Principal and Project Manager, determine the project design review procedures to be conducted and ensure adherence by all team members.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of and adherence to the man-hours budgeted for each task and meet deadlines as defined in the Critical Path Schedule for each project.
- Organize and perform all project related task from start to finish.
- Mentor and coach junior staff, ensuring overall professional growth of future designers.
Education Experience and Skills
- Minimum First Professional Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect licensed in the U.S.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Architecture with an emphasis on large scale commercial office projects.
- Proficiency in REVIT, MSFT office suite and Deltek Vision.
- Budgeting, scheduling and assembly capabilities (i.e. contracts, specifications and drawings).
- Knowledge of current laws, codes and titles in relation to construction and design.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team building skills.
Please submit your resume and work portfolio concentrating in corporate commercial projects.