The Studio Director will be responsible for studio and client leadership as well as oversight and performance of the interior studio. Development of staff, project quality assurance, and management of studio financials will also be responsibilities of this position. This individual is proficient in Business Development and Marketing of Corporate Interiors projects. The Studio Director has exceptional communication skills, energetic, positive, has a passion for design, provides sound solutions to complex problems and is a champion of FOX Architects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Models integrity, strong leadership and work ethic, positively influencing the entire staff.
- Acts as the central unit for communication and leadership on behalf of the studio.
- Overall coordination of presentations and proposals.
- Maintain current exposure to developments, trends, benchmarks, and practices within the design, construction and architectural industries.
- Have a pulse on current projects and attend client meetings as required.
- Works closely with the Partners in providing solutions and strategy in project management and staffing.
- Mentors Project Managers in client management, financial management and resource allocation.
- Comprehensive understanding of Contracts.
- Develop and deliver marketing presentations to prospective clients. Maintain and nurtures client relationships, seeking to develop opportunities.
- Smoothly transition business development opportunities to live projects within studio.
- Assist and review proposals and develop fees.
- Be the champion of our brand, design, projects and staff within and outside of the industry.
- Supports Senior Staff and Principals with the Annual Review process for all studio staff.
- Act as a mentor and coach for all staff, guiding on professional development.
- Foster a collaborative, open and team building culture within studio.
- Participate in relevant professional associations, conferences, outreach events and forums to share current trends and topics with studio.
- Provides clear and sound leadership for studio growth and development.
Education Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience in interior design project management with an emphasis in large scale corporate commercial workplace projects.
- Understanding of workplace strategy.
- Develop and mentor junior staff, ensuring quality relationships are built within the studio.
- Experience in managing the operations, staffing, new business development, and financial aspect of a design studio.
- Ability to expand services and be nimble with projects and client services.
- Think strategically, implement policies and sound solutions – exemplify grace under pressure.
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCad, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in Deltek preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Licensed or non- certified graduate, NCIDQ certified.
FOX Architects is an equal opportunity employer, we consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected status.