FOX Architects is a fully integrated, award-winning architecture and interior design firm based in the nation’s capital. Founded in 2003, our firm delivers exceptional commercial office design solutions. We partner with our clients to design smarter environments that are intelligent and influential. Our studio is walking distance from Foggy Bottom/GWU (blue/orange/silver) and Dupont Circle (red) metro stations.
Our accounting team seeks a Controller who provides hands on approach to day-today accounting. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, managing the balance sheet, statements, reporting, profitability analysis, risk management, and other accounting related projects as assigned.
- Responsible for monthly financial close including preparation of accurate monthly financial statements, financial models, balance sheet account reconciliations, and cash flow reports.
- Customer invoice preparation, review and collection of outstanding accounts receivable. Work with project managers and client personnel to proactively pursue overdue accounts.
- Project set-up and master file maintenance using Deltek Vision. Work with Project Managers to update and maintain resource utilization projections and manpower reporting.
- Proactively work with Project Managers to review project performance and provide advice and counsel with regards to corrective actions to enhance project financial performance.
- Work with senior leadership to develop annual operating budgets in detail.
- Present financial results, issues and operational concerns at the monthly leadership team meetings.
- Accounts payable and subcontractor accounts payable processing.
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership to support proposal efforts (pricing)
- Be easily accessible in answering all financial related inquiries and questions from clients.
- System Administrator for the firms Deltek Vision application - subject matter expert.
- Conduct financial, profitability and forecasting analysis on a requested basis.
- Inspires, mentors and coaches staff on Finance & Accounting.
- 4 year Accounting degree with 8+ years of professional service experience in real estate or construction preferred.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in MSFT Excel a must.
- Extreme attention to detail with all projects and tasks and willingness to roll up their sleeves to the job done.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with clients and employees. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Embodies professionalism, teamwork and authenticity at all times.
Please no phone or email inquiries from third party recruiting agencies. Selected candidates will be contacted by the hiring team. Thank you for your interest!