Staff Designer (Architecture)
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Entry Level
FOX Architects (www.fox-architects.com) seeks a talented Staff Designer to join our architecture/base building team. We're working on multiple large scale corporate commercial buildings and growing. Our team is located in the heart of downtown DC, walking distance from either Foggy Bottom/GWU (blue/orange/silver) or Dupont Circle (red). This is the same studio that won the AIA Merit Award for 1400 Crystal Drive and the AIA DC Presidential Citation for Sustainable Design for 440 First Street NW and Washington Gas SOC. The selected individual will assist in developing design concepts, supporting marketing and business development efforts with senior team leaders. FOX Architects believes in a holistic approach to design and working in a collaborative manner.
This a full-time position provides competitive salary and perks in a dynamic, fun and forward thinking open studio environment. Everyone’s ideas are valued and teamwork is celebrated. We are proud of our excellent client base, positive work culture and vision for our future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Senior and Project Architects, Project Managers and Principals in the execution of large scale project specific tasks.
- Utilize critical thinking to evaluate, select and apply design skills and techniques to project related assignments.
- Assist with design and technical support on large scale corporate commercial buildings.
- Enhance FOX culture through teamwork, collaboration and sharing of brilliant ideas.
- Provide sophisticated renderings and models related to projects.
- Performs research; supports team with materials selection and system research.
- Embodies a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Graduated from a 4 year degree undergraduate or graduate accredited program in Architecture.
- 1-4 years of progressive professional experience working on large scale corporate commercial buildings.
- In progress of becoming a licensed architect.
- Work portfolio reflects candidate's ability to produce sophisticated and realistic renderings of corporate commercial projects.
- Superior verbal, written and presentation skills - always ready to impress.
- Proficiency in Revit, Adobe suites, 3D modeling software, and Microsoft Office Suite are a must.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management techniques.
- Sincere desire to grow within the corporate commercial sector.
- Ability to organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design/technical intent or relationship with fellow workers.
Submit your resume and portfolio highlighting your work in large scale corporate commercial projects. Selected candidates will be contacted by the hiring team. Thank you for your interest!