The PROJECT ARCHITECT will support FOX Architects' Interiors studio and be responsible for project leadership on all design stages; oversight performance of assigned studio projects; have an understanding of project budgets; mentor junior staff and more. FOX Architects provides a highly collaborative, professional and fun work environment with full benefits to full-time employees.This position will perform in conjunction with project managers, principals, and interior designers to engage with our clients and promote superior design excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strive to attain the firm’s goal relative to design, technical and management excellence;
- Maintain positive client relations and contacts;
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends and practices within the design and construction industries, and disseminates the information to the staff and management;
- Assist in the process of development, documentation and dissemination of the firm's Revit standards and reference details;
- In conjunction with the Project Principal and Project Manager, determine the project design review procedures to be conducted and ensure adherence to the by all team members;
- Participates with the Design/Project team to establish planning and design concepts pertaining to a project and ensure adherence to these concepts throughout the architectural process from concept to construction;
- Evolve and refine the design for a project; communicating the design direction to junior members of a project team;
- Take primary responsibility for coordination of the design and documentation process with all of the consultants that make up the design team;
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of and adherence to the man-hours budgeted for each task and meet deadlines as defined in the Critical Path Schedule for each project;
- Understand the General Conditions, Scope of Services, Team Structure and Fee stipulated in the contract for each project in which he or she is involved;
- Organize, direct and lead a project Construction Documentation team and;
- Encourage personal and professional growth for junior designers through mentoring.
Education Experience and Skills:
- Graduated from an accredited Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design program;
- NCIDQ certified and/or Registered Architect a plus;
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive professional experience in corporate interiors workplace projects;
- Knowledge of construction methods and systems appropriate to the firm’s work;
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suites, and other rendering software;
- Budgeting, scheduling and assembling capabilities (i.e. contracts, specifications and drawings);
- Superior presentation skills both written and verbal;
- Organized and performs multiple tasks efficiently;
- Experienced in mentoring and inspiring junior staff and positively influencing others;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design / technical intent or relationship with fellow team members.
FOX Architects is an equal opportunity employer, we consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected status.