Staff Designer - Corporate Workplace
- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Entry Level
FOX Architects seeks a dynamic entry-level STAFF DESIGNER. This position is located at our downtown Washington DC studio and will support many of our workplace design projects. We believe in approaching design holistically and seek a proactive individual who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. This is the same studio that designed Spotify, Nuclear Energy Institute, and Share Our Strengths corporate offices. There’s opportunities for professional development for those seeking to challenge themselves and work collaboratively as a cohesive team.
FOX Architects provides competitive salary and benefits, which includes generous paid time off, 401K and a highly collaborative office environment. Our DC office is also located walking distance from Foggy Bottom/GWU (orange/blue/silver) and Dupont Circle (red) metro stations. We're surrounded by great retail and restaurant options. We have a strong sense of commitment to team work and providing exceptional design to our clients in the DC metropolitan area.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaboratively support team in the execution of project tasks, design stages, research, client meetings and/or presentations.
- Conduct survey reports and ensure positive client relationships are maintained.
- Provide design and technical support on corporate workplace interior projects across various industries.
- Effectively create highly sophisticated 3D modeling, graphics, and renderings for presentations.
- Promote knowledge of construction methods and systems appropriate to the firm’s work.
- Actively enhance FOX culture through teamwork, collaboration and sharing of brilliant design ideas.
- Graduated from an accredited interior design or architecture institution.
- 1-4 years of professional experience in workplace design projects.
- Actively pursuing architectural licensing or NCIDQ.
- Proficiency in REVIT, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Office Suite a must.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management techniques.
- Exceptional presentation skills in written, verbal and graphics.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design/technical intent or relationship with fellow workers.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work and client sites.
Please submit your resume and portfolio highlighting your professional experience in workplace design projects. Selected candidates will be contacted by the hiring team. Thank you for your interest in FOX Architects!