Project Architect (Architecture Studio)
- WASHINGTON, DC
- Full Time
FOX Architects seeks a talented Project Architect (PA) to join our award winning architecture studio in Washington, DC. The PA’s main responsibility is to make certain that the technical and design excellence of each project is properly delineated in the form of design and construction documents; and to work to realize this level of technical and design excellence in its built form with minimal supervision.
Serving as a leader and mentor, the PA must inspire, develop and refine the existing skills of studio personnel from the conceptual design phase through project completion, providing technical and design input, and monitoring the progress throughout the development of each project. This position will perform in conjunction with Project Managers, Studio Directors and Principals to maintain project quality, ensure profitable project performance and client satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strive to attain the firm’s goal relative to design, technical and management excellence;
- Maintain positive client relations and contacts;
- Possess strong organizational and time management techniques;
- Organize and perform multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently;
- Keep abreast of current developments, trends and practices within the design and construction industries, and disseminates the information to the staff and management;
- Assist in the process of development, documentation and dissemination of the firm Cad standards and reference details;
- In conjunction with the Project Principal and Project Manager, determine the project design review procedures to be conducted and ensure adherence to the by all team members;
- Participates with the Design/Project team to establish planning and design concepts pertaining to a project and ensure adherence to these concepts throughout the architectural process from concept to construction;
- Evolve and refine the design for a project; communicating the design direction to the junior members of a project team;
- Take primary responsibility for coordination of the design and documentation process with all of the consultants that make up the design team;
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of and adherence to the man-hours budgeted for each task and meet deadlines as defined in the Critical Path Schedule for each project;
- Understand the General Conditions, Scope of Services, Team Structure and Fee stipulated in the contract for each project in which he or she is involved;
- Organize, direct and lead a project Construction Documentation team and;
- Encourage personal and professional growth through mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Qualifications:
- Graduated from an accredited Architecture program;
- Registered Architect preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of progressive professional experience in corporate workplace projects;
- Knowledge of construction methods and systems appropriate to the firm’s work;
- Proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suites and other rendering software;
- Budgeting, scheduling and assembling capabilities (i.e. contracts, specifications and drawings);
- Superior presentation skills both written and verbal;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising the design / technical intent or relationship with fellow team members
FOX Architects is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation and any other legally protected status.